1R Highway Safety Improvement Program
Providence, North Providence, Lincoln, North Smithfield, Bristol, Warren, East Providence & Burrillville, RI
Bryant has been working with the Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT) since 1999 on the 1R Highway Safety Improvement Program for highway and traffic improvements. This program is designed to reduce the incidence of crashes and serious injuries on all public roads by improving intersections, widening pavement and shoulders, and providing improved traffic control or other warning devices.
Bryant prepared a design study report to document recommended improvements for the rehabilitation of six urban arterial roadways and a controlled access highway. Bryant is responsible for preparing final design and contract documents to implement the improvements recommended in the design study report. The projects have included survey services, traffic engineering, and civil engineering services. Scope of work includes pavement structure rehabilitation; rehabilitation and/or replacement of curbing, sidewalks, guardrail, and retaining walls; traffic control; drainage; permitting; bridge evaluation; and upgrading of traffic signals and signing and pavement markings.
Design of improvements to urban arterial roadways:
- Smith Street, Providence and North Providence - 2.4 miles
- Smithfield Avenue, Lincoln - 0.9 miles
- School Street, Lincoln - 0.9 miles
- Main/Hope Street, Warren and Bristol - 4.6 miles
- Route 107, Burrillville - 1.8 miles
- Newport, Pawtucket, Taunton and Newman Avenues, East Providence - 3.0 miles
Design of improvements to one controlled access highway:
- Route 146, North Smithfield - 5.3 miles